- The word ''garnet'' means dark red.
- Garnet is actually the name of a group of minerals that can come in a variety of colors, with red being the most common.
- It symbolizes friendship and trust.
- If your birthstone is a garnet, you may be smart, outgoing, courageous, generous, and ambitious.
- Amethyist is the purple variation of the quartz family and is the most valuable variation as well.
- Most amethyst stones on the market today are heat-treated.
- For years, the amethyst has been thought to help prevent someone from being drunk and/or help someone overcome a substance addiction.
- Amethyst is associated with purity, positive thoughts, protection, victory, intelligence, and healing.
- The word ''aquamarine'' is derived from the Latin words for water and sea.
- Aquarmine gemstones typically come in a vibrant blue-green color.
- The aquamarine has been thought to assist sailors at sea and safely bring them home.
- Aquamarine is associated with happiness, luck, good health, peace, and a calm mind.
- The diamond is the hardest natural substance known to man.
- In medieval Europe, diamonds were thought to be poisonous.
- The diamond was believed to be a gift from the gods.
- Diamond is associated with protection, purification, innocence, love, stubborness, and peace.
- The emerald is the most highly prized gem of the Beryl family.
- Most emerald mined today is very opaque and brittle.
- The emerald is also a symbol of good luck and health.
- Emerald is associated with unity, compassion, love, understanding, and beauty.
- Pearls are one of the only gems that are created by a living creature.
- Pearls were very popular with European and Indian royalty.
- Pearl is associated with sensitivity, humor, innocence, tune with the natural world, and being naive.
- The word ''ruby'' comes from the Latin word ''ruber'', which means red.
- The ancients believed that a ruby thrown into a pot of water would cause it to boil immediately.
- The ruby is also though to attract and reciprocate unconditional love.
- Ruby is associated with royalty, power, wealth, fearlessness, self-confidence, success, and good fortune.
- The ancient Romans believed the peridot could glow in the moonlight and called it the ''evening emerald''.
- Peridot was also believed to help make dreams come true and ward off evil spirits during the night.
- Peridot is one of the only gemstones to occur in just one color (green).
- Peridot is associated with good luck, peace, success, sleep, protection, and good health.
- Sapphire is the main variety of the mineral called corundum.
- If a sapphire is red, it's a ruby.
- The sapphire is a symbol of loyalty and trust.
- Sapphire is associated with loyalty, trust, tranquility, peace, amiability, purity, calmness, and kindness.
- Opals can be found in many different colors, including blue, red, yellow, and white.
- The opal is a symbol of hope.
- The opal was often reserved for the use of royalty alone a long time ago.
- Opal is associated with hope and bad luck to anyone who is not born in the month of October.
- A topaz is an orange and yellow variety of quartz.
- Another birthstone variety for the month of November is citrine.
- Topaz is associated with good health, pleasure, positivity, and happiness.
- The turquoise holds a promiment place in the Native American culture.
- Turquoise is usually found in dry, arid regions.
- Turquoise is associated with prosperity, good fortune, wisdom, and protection from evil.
So I'm healthy pleasure to be around with? positive and happy XDDReplyDelete
Wise and protection from evil... LaughsDelete
garnet amnythest and pearl (but no steven ;( )Delete
Is the arkenstone here?ReplyDelete
said to make you
Crazy, Greedy, Hate your best friends, want to throw someone who has saved your life over a wall, go back on your promises.
And that's all I can't think of.
Anyone one know what all of this is from? person who answeres WITHOUT looking it up, gets a prize!
(Please don't cheat, :))
*King Tough Bunny
The hobbit.. And What about the Silmarils?Delete
I have a emerald for me, a peridot for my dad, and turquoise for my mom.Delete
ALL IN MY DEN!
That is really cool! I wish I maybe could have gotten all of those O.OReplyDelete
*King Tough Bunny
I am NOT naive! I am also not sensitive, funny or innocent. Do you know how many times I've snuck downstairs in the middle of the night for cookies?! XDReplyDelete
Ayyy I'm garnetReplyDelete
Yay opal! All of you people might have bad luck now. :TReplyDelete
awwwww man i wanted to be peridot criReplyDelete
Yus I gotz PearllllllReplyDelete
O-O Good thing I don't own opal.... Also, Diamond Squad?? AYYYYYReplyDelete
(I'm well aware I am cringe)
i am pearl yassssssReplyDelete
So this means I'm smart, outgoing, courageous, generous, and ambitious?ReplyDelete
I'm actually not any of these XD
I am September! :p i wouldn't say i am ALL of those but lol.ReplyDelete
turquoise says "prosperity, good fortune, wisdom,and protection from evil." i am a turquoise yet i am none of these things, espesialy the last part, but i live in arizona which is pritty dryReplyDelete
I am october.. huehue IMMA GIVE U ALL BAD LUCK XD jk, but i am october reallyReplyDelete
Im a sapphire but im not a calm person...ReplyDelete
A birthstone is a gemstone that represents a person's month of birth. Birthstones are often worn as jewelry or as a pendant.The beginning of birthstones is accepted to go back to the breastplate of Aaron which contained twelve gemstones speaking to the twelve clans of Israel.ReplyDelete