It's Safer Internet Day, which means we need to learn how to be safe while on the Internet. Here are a few tips on how to keep your account safe on Animal Jam... and yourself.
- Choose a strong password. Something simple like 1234 or abcd is lazy and easy to guess. A good password is something no one else knows about that is significant about you. For example, if you had a pet black cat named Monsieur de Pattes in your early childhood, throw in some numbers, accents, and/or symbols and you result with a fabulous, tricky password. Also, don;t forget to write down your password on a sticky note or a piece of paper if you have trouble remembering things. Hide the sticky note/piece of paper somewhere secret, so that no one will know where to look. It's always a good idea to change your password every so often, just in case. ;3
- Don't fall for scams. As tempting as they seem, they aren't what they appear to be. Just. Don't. Risk. It. It's not worth it.
- Never give out personal information, such as your full name, phone number, and address. People aren't who they seem, no matter how kind and understanding.
- The report and block buttons are there for a reason! If someone is swearing, bullying, or being just plain ol' mean, report and block them. If they are in your den, lock them out.
- A lot of hackers hang out in big areas like Aldan, searching the streets for their next victim. If you want to keep your (pfft) precious rares safe and sound, make sure to wear very little rares if you happen to pass by.
- If you are in danger of being hacked, log out, lock your account, and disable trading and gifting. That way, if someone does manage (hopefully not, since you've locked your account) to hack you, they won't be able to take any of your stuff.
I hope these tips helped. Have a happy rest of your Safer Internet Day! Tomorrow, no, wait, maybe Saturday both contest results will be posted. See ya!
Another good thing to keep in mind is that when you click "forgot your password" and put in your username and email, and AJHQ sends you a reset password email, your account technically has no password at all until you click the link in the email and reset your password. It will always say your password is incorrect and the only way to get hacked when your account is like this would be if the hacker knew your email and passwordReplyDelete
Sorry if I didn't explain that well enough
On this other game I play, I randomly blurted out what I THOUGHT my pass when me and my friend were playing it. Then I changed it to the exact same thing I said like a crazy person. A day or two later, I realized what my password was. So, I changed it to something extremely long and hard to guess.ReplyDelete
And that day or two later was today! So thanks for posting this naffy!
hi naf. just remembered when i was hacked. i have been reflecting, and i have a theory that TACOCAT could be the one who hacked me. because he did everything for rares, and.............. how will a random jammer know me other than a commentor on the whip?! creepy. also, i used to coment here a lot. and that's when taco turned bad. it is possible. i really dont know. *shudders*ReplyDelete