Saturday, September 13, 2014

Shattered

You all expected me to see the Northern Lights last night. I expected that too.

It all started when I noticed the sun beginning to fall over the western horizon. I was at my brother's soccer game. The score was 1-0, and our team won. But that's not important right now.

When I got home, the sky was black with a couple distant stars glittering in the moonlight. That was around 8:00 PM.

Every half hour or so, I'd step outside into the cold air to check if the auroras had appeared.

8:30 PM. Nothing.
9:00 PM. Nothing.
10:00 PM. Nothing.
10:30 PM. Nothing.

I decided that I should get some rest, so I set the alarm on my iPod for 11:45.

Well, whoop-e-do. -.-

MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF! D:

I frantically tried to see what went wrong. I had made the smallest mistake by accidentally setting it to 11:45 AM, and NOT 11:45 PM.

I was so angry at myself. It was 5:19 in the morning and I had completely missed the spectacular lights.

If I were a cat, my ears would have drooped so deep to my chin I could tie them into a furious knot.

I walked out the front door one last time, in hope that the Northern Lights would still be out there.

Nope. Not a single glimpse.

After that, I laid on the couch with a fluffy black blanket and cried my eyes out.

My mom and dad must've heard my cries, and immediately rushed out and asked what was wrong.

I told them my alarm didn't go off and I didn't get to see the lights. :(

I slept with my parents the rest of the time, in utter disappointment and sorrow.

My dreams just... shattered. Like a glass cup thrown on tile floor.


Once I got into my parents' bed, Dad told me the weatherman on the news said that the lights wouldn't be visible from Utah. The flare wasn't big enough to project the lights that far south. The limit was upper Idaho and West Yellowstone.

It made me feel better to know that I wasn't the only person in my neighborhood that didn't see the lights.

It made me feel worse because... I don't know.

I am still sad, but not as sad as I was 3 hours ago.

Anyway, be sure to enter the raffle. I also updated the Funny Jammers page. :P

Sorry... bye!

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you're not the only one. Last night my parents let me stay awake past midnight, and we checked for it constantly, but we didn't see anything. At the end, at 3:45 A.M, we gave up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, Naf. There will be another day. Maybe someday you're family could go somewhere where there is for sure Northern Lights. Like drive or flu there. -sends virtual hug- :)
    ~wolfiepaws~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Naffy, I'm sure you'll see the lights at one point in your life..

    "If there's a better solution... Find it"
    -Thomas Edison

    By that, I mean instead of acting upset, ask your parents to travel with you somewhere where you can see the lights (As a mini vacation maybe, for the holidays), or maybe you can brainstorm something else for you to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get to see them either

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is long, there are plenty of opportunities to find the Northern Lights. Maybe that map wasn't accurate. Poor Naffy, just think- because of my location, I'll never see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad, Naffy. I didn't get to see it either. My sister and I didn't see a thing! It was probably because the place I was living in was in the poor zone. D8

    ~When123

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry naffy... I'm literly crying right now. But remember, Luma and the star.

    ReplyDelete

Before you make a comment, please consider using these rules. If any of them are disobeyed, your comment will be deleted immediately.

1. No swearing. The Animal Jam Whip needs to be kept a clean, safe environment for everyone to enjoy.
2. No rude/hateful/inappropriate/consistently negative or degrading comments. Even if it's just your opinion, anything unkind you say can be very hurtful.
3. No spamming. Spamming takes up space and makes the comment area/chat area messy.
4. No impersonating.
5. If you are commenting anonymously, please sign with your main username.

Thanks!