The Lily of the Valley (sold at Treetop Gardens) and the Emerald (sold at Epic Wonders) are two symbols for the glorious month of May. So, for today's post, I will be featuring some facts about these two symbols! ^_^
Lily of the Valley
- The Lily of the Valley is most famously known as "Mary's Tears" or "Virgin's Tears".
- It symbolizes rebirth and second life.
- It is the official birth flower of May.
- Legend says that when Jesus died,, his mother, Mary, cried at the base of the cross. These flowers grew on the ground where he tears fell. (*ba-dum-tss*)
- Emeralds are part of the Beryl family.
- Emeralds used to be thought to help people foresee the future.
- Some people believe emeralds have special properties that can aid health, love, and happiness.
- Emeralds can be found all over the world, but the most valuable and exquisite of emeralds come from Colombia in South America.
- Emeralds also signify patience, loyalty, friendship, faithfulness, and wisdom.